Beef Floss Roll Cake

I just scroll my blog and just realize that it's almost a year since the first time I started a blog. I can't believe that I'am still here with the blog, still trying and struggle to writes and to be a good storyteller even after almost a year. Even though I'am so proud of myself considering I'm not speak a lot nor as expressive as others. But this blog is my media to express my passion with food, wander and photography. And I really happy almost a year ago I decided to start this blog. Hopefully will be better and more to come years later. Maybe now I will start to think about what I will make for tasty wanderer first birthday, I feel like I want to celebrate it with a special post. We'll see.

This roll cake is savory roll cake. Actually I'm not too fond with rich sweet and full of cream cakes, I like light and not too sweet cake and Pandan chiffon cake is always favorite of mine. This roll cake is inspired by beef floss bread that I always buy at Bakery's. I love the savory taste from the beef floss. So I've come with an idea about making this always sweet and cream roll cake to the savory version. And I love it, I mean I really love it!! Imagine a moist thin layer of cake with beef floss paired with mayonnaise and a hint of spicy from chili on top, it was delicious. 




BEEF FLOSS ROLL CAKE
Serve : 6 - 8 slices

Ingredients :
4 eggs, at room temperature
2 egg yolks, at room temperature
50 g sugar
40 g all purpose flour
20 g full cream milk powder
60 g butter, melted
1 tsp shortening
1/2 tsp baking powder

Filling :
150 g mayonnaise
4 tbsp condensed milk
200 g beef floss, you can add more if you like beef floss

Garnish :
2 chili, remove the seeds, slice into square shape
celery leaves
Sesame seeds

Instructions :
1. Beat  sugar, eggs and shortening until very pale and fluffy
2. Sift in flour and full cream milk powder, add baking powder stir carefully the mixture
3. Pour melted butter and stir gently with folding technique with spatula until smooth
4. Cover the 22 x 22 baking pan with baking paper and pour the  mixture into the pan
5. Spread chili, celery leaves and sesame seeds all over the mixture
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes in medium heat (180 C)
7. Carefully peel off the paper from the cake. Let it cool.
8. Mix mayonnaise and condensed milk, spread over the cake then cover the surface with beef floss.
9. Last carefully roll the cake.



Comments

  1. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have. shiny cakes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts